The Constitution can’t protect itself.

When someone violates a right guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution, the victim may be entitled to recover money from the person who violated their rights. This is called a “Constitutional Tort” and it is filed under Sections 1983 and 1988 of the United States Code. Not every Constitutional violation results in a cause of action, but if you believe that your right to life, liberty, or property has been unlawfully taken or restricted, you should discuss your rights with one of our attorneys. If you were unlawfully detained, unlawfully searched, had any right to speak curbed, or have faced retaliation for asserting your rights to engage in constitutionally-protected activity, you may be able to sue in Federal Court.

Our attorneys at the Law Offices of Martin & Hipple are familiar with Section 1983 actions and can work with you to determine how to best protect your rights and compensate you for any violations. We will explain your ability to recover and the practical implications of holding the responsible party to account.

If your rights were violated, call us at 603-856-0202 or email